Facebook has 540 million unque visitors.
Check AfterDawn.com news.
Facebook has 540 million unque visitors.
Check AfterDawn.com news.
The best thing ever to happen for Filipino texters is the servers of Twitter.com.
People who have cellphones, always on the go, and who have nothing much to say enjoy using this tweet servers.
This for me means Jealousy amongst Journalists and Media men. This has existed ever since the advent of BW television. Ask Doroy Valencia or Lib Abrena . Only in the Philippines does this happen. The rest of the world may probably experiencing this jealousy, but rarely is this displayed in public, especially when one tears down another in the same network.
Now why would anybody pose as me and call himself with my name? I am not a journalist. Neither do I work for the media. I have a following of nearly none. And I get a wage from the media amounting to nothing.
What I have are not a hundred thousand followers. I do have, though, a collection of ip addresses a handful of which are very important ip addresses. These are so special in stature, and that their continued patronage eggs me on to produce extra-perceptive work on my keyboard.
Think of it this way–I don’t mind receiving few replies in writing, but I do get oodles of responses from them in some manner which is very much understood between me and the owners of these ip addresses. To them goes my gratitude internally and eternally. Besides, I have shut down the feature on comments so any reply just goes to some place aside.
For their info, this is my 636th post on this website, and more than 10,000 posts combined on the other websites.
(She uses RIM Blackberry “curve” 8250 cellphone)
Comes now more IT experts to testify at the Joint Congress regarding the Certificates of Authenticity to be controlled and regulated by third part companies to verify the source of data transmissions, whether the data came actually from the right sources.
They forget that this automated system is a NETWORK, and does not use the worldwide web protocol for transmitting data. The system uses its own id’s, passwords, verification, certification, and authentication system. The pcos machines can transmit data only one-way, and to only a higher level of receiver. The pcos machines will not communicate to other pcos machines. They will communicate only to upload its data. They will not communicate to accept data.
The certificate of authenticity by verisign or epldt or some other company is therefore irrelevant in networks that have their own authenticating procedures.
The only way fraud could be done with this system is to replace the reports generated by each pcos machine with reports containing altered data. This is impossible because data can be reconstructed from any of the copies of the reports, the memory cards, and the original ballots.
The ultimate reliability is on the original ballots.
It ties up! What the koala boy says that there was fraud in the elections may be true!
Comes now Homobono Adaza who testifies of fraud by the Regional Directors of Comelec who allegedly tampered with the election results.
The word that Koala boy used is “intercept”, implying that some form of interception is being done so that the results will be altered before they are transmitted to the main Comelec servers.
If the Regional Directors of Comelec would dutifully transmit all the results from the polling precints to the Comelec main servers without alterations, the term would be “relay” not “intercept”.
Since Koala Boy is at a lost to explain technically how the results will be intercepted and altered, he got himself scarce before Teddy Locsin got a hold of him. This must be, as anybody can figure, the method Garci used in the last elections. With this automated elections, there is a doubt that this modus operandi will work.
(With a name like Homobono, he must be a good man, and therefore is trustworthy.)
In this occasion, she demonstrates a very economical, environment-friendly method of getting rid of pests—–let loose a gecko inside the place. The gecko will eat the pests and other insects. Sort of a maintenance-free exterminator.
(I had no idea till now that she had a problem with pests in Malacanang>)
Santong Kabayo, who calls himself Big Mouth, did not advance to the Grand Finals of the Pilipinas Got Talent.
It’s a pity, he’s got the most unque talent in the world — imitating a horse’s neigh.
He came out in the semifinals declining to imitate again the horse’s neigh. When asked why he dropped this feature in his performance, he said he got hoarse imitating a horse.
He could have done a carabao’s bellow, though, this is much easier to imitate.
Besides, he should supplement his horse’s neigh with another act to fall on just in case he has these bouts of hoarseness.
This one creates a good and impressive work all the time that she’s on!
More IT experts from the country are saying their piece.
So I say again to these hilaw IT experts who come into the picture of automation the first time around: Hey, I’m not with Smartmatic, and I have not observed these pcos machines up close, but from what I can watch from tv, I can deduce this much. Maybe it is high time they do….
1. It took 3 days to re-configure the memory cards whereas it took months to configure these same cards because the first burning involved the programming of the different candidates in the municipalities. The re-configuration took only three days because the purpose was merely to amend the lines. Also, it would be more convenient and faster to re-configure new CF cards to replace the old ones than to recall the old cards and re-configure them and then send them back to then precints.
2. The digital signature of a pcos machine may include : the poll id (or id number that was assigned to it), the precint no. deployment, the password or mode of activation, the model no. of the machine, its make and serial number.
3. The CF card will contain the software (or what is called the source code) that will actually give instructions to operate the system or the OS, the operating log (or exactly what happens fr0m start time to end time), the positions of the shaded ovals and the number of times it was shaded (votes), and the operator signatures(BEI passwords entered).
4. The other CF card, or back up card, should contain the diagnostics and results of any trial run done on each machine, and is ignored after initialization of the machine.
5. Before the machine is used, it is initialized by the BEI. This zeroes out the totals on the CF card and prints out the initialized (zeroed out) totals of the candidates. If a new CF card is inserted at this point, a warning is given to initialize this new card, and zeroes it out again. This new card will not work if the source code it contains does not match the original source code, or the digital signature of the pcos fails to transfer to it.
6. A pcos machine which has not been initialized and does not bear a digital signature that match the pcos machine deployed will not be able to transmit totals. The machine will not be recognized by the automated network. And if it succeeds in getting recognized by the network, it will not be able to transmit its totals because the network will accept totals transmitted only once. This illegal pcos machine transmission will be considered redundant and will be ignored.
7. The source code, or that which the “IT experts” have tried very hard to get is actually a product of intelligence, and as such, will be covered by copyright. They can look at several pages of it, but they cannot copy it. Ang kulit ninyo talaga!
8. It has been clear the minute the koala boy described how they could tamper with the system that he is unaware of the safeguards for this system. These safeguards can be improved upon using more sophisticated add-ons, but these add-ons would serve mostly to speed it up and add little to the security of the system. Besides these add-ons would jack the price up tremendously. The memory card system that the pcos incorporates should suffice for the Philippines.
Let us not forget, the present administration is to be credited with initiating the automated system of voting! Give credit where credit is due.
Noynoy’s smoking is none of our business. It is a private and personal matter between him and his psyche. Telling him what to do with his habit would be an intrusion.
Frankly, smoking has nothing to do with the presidency. The more so if he is President. If he smokes, there is nothing much we can do about it.
I smoked for fifteen years before I quit the habit. But I’ll tell you that one has to have a very, very compelling reason to stop smoking. These reasons usually do not have anything to do with people telling one not to smoke.
Frankly, and also, the more people told me not to smoke, the more I reached for a cigarette.
But now, I still keep my Marlboro Longhorns beside my Monopol lighter to remind me of how strong I was to quit.
Mind you, I did not quit gradually or in stages. I just stopped smoking the next day. What made me stop? I can’t tell you.
Because for each one of us, there is a different compelling force to make us quit! Noynoy will have his own compelling force to contend with.
I have noticed that the ABS-CBN TFCKo signals have been changing on the chroma side. One show gets too green, another gets too dark, and still another gets too red, or too bright.
Maybe they should stop “kalikuting” with the signals and set the adjustment to max-auto, if there is such a thing. Let the receiving tv sets do the adustments. Streaming video adjustments are limited.
Unless the company can pay for the extra money for the digital upgrade.
I noticed also that Bell Expressvu has started delivering the GMA Pinoy TV signals upconverted to 1080i resolution. Fantastic! LEMME show you one pichoor of this signal!